Business Development Manager
Multiple National Locations
- Are you interested in joining a company that is on-track to double in growth in the next 12 months? Are you excited about working with a professional services and product development company in a space with no serious direct competitors? If you'd like to be part of a team that is passionate about applying design to and improving user experience for collaborative business sites and portals, then we invite you to keep reading.
- The Business Development Manager (BDM) will focus on developing new business opportunities with Fortune 500 companies nationally and internationally.
- Build and execute a sales plan which includes strategic and tactical initiatives to grow Blue Rooster's presence with targeted corporations.
- Manage and drive the sales proposal and contract processes for all new clients.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of opportunities and movement of these to close.
- Proactively engage executive sponsors to build strategic relationships and favorably position long-term business opportunities for Blue Rooster.
- Work with the Account Manager to identify, prioritize and resolve client issues/concerns while coordinating with appropriate team members to provide efficient response and/or solution.
- Interface with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs, drive industry mindshare, and facilitate solution development.
- Meet/exceed quarterly and annual revenue quotas.
- Typically 8+ years of experience as a Business Development Manager or Account Development Manager within a business or professional services consultancy, Big-4 consultancy or complex client environment.
- Qualified applicants will have extensive experience selling solutions and/or services to Fortune 500 corporations with preference selling professional service solutions.
- Use consultative, solution selling and business development skills at the CXO, Director or Decision Maker level to align the client's business needs with Blue Rooster solutions / products.
- Experience writing RFPs/RFIs/RFQs and project bidding processes, including resource needs assessment, price negotiation and oral presentations.
- Responsible for SOW creation, assist in managing scope changes and risk management.
- Extensive experience managing and driving the sales proposal and contract processes.
- Highly developed business acumen and negotiation skills; ability to proactively identify issues with solution delivery.
- Develops a business-case approach in crafting client engagement opportunities.
- Experience understanding client's key business challenges and drivers to position himself / herself as a trusted advisor.
- Must possess a client-focused attitude with the ability to act as a client advocate when escalating and resolving issues.
- Expertise in managing end-to-end sales processes involving complex software solutions.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills for small to medium groups.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment without the need for strict processes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, Visio, Project) products.
- Planning and project management capabilities are highly desirable.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% to client sites throughout the US as needed.
- University or Bachelor's Degree; advanced degree or MBA desired.
About Blue Rooster
Blue Rooster is building the globally connected enterprise. We're a product development and professional services firm that works with the world's leading companies, helping them to Create, Build, and Experience powerful and intuitive collaboration tools. We are driven by the belief that designing and creating an engaging user experience increases adoption and drives collaboration. Come see what we're building next at www.bluerooster.com
Culture / Location - Lake Union
Blue Rooster is a team that loves to accomplish great things together! We're good at hiring talented people who love to create solutions that are more than just pretty websites. Collaboration and imagination are at the heart of all we do. Blue Rooster is headquartered on Lake Union, one block from the Burke-Gillman trail in the center of the universe: AKA Seattle's Fremont District. Fast Company highlighted our neighborhood when citing Seattle as one of the twelve best cities for innovation.
Our dynamic team is made up of interesting people – artists, musicians, and sports enthusiasts who can be seen cycling and running on the trails during lunch or taking one of the company kayaks or paddle boards for a spin on the water.
- Our diverse team members- they make us great.
- Innovation, actualizing potential, exploration and can-do-ness.
- Passion, energy, zeal - we have lots of it.
- Consultative, client-focused and interactive approaches.
- Learning, listening and communicating openly with respect.
- Humor, lightness, flexibility, Humor and Humor.
We offer excellent benefits, such as 100% paid-for health insurance premiums for employees and much more. If this sounds like a place you'd like to learn more about, tell us about yourself.
To apply for this job, please send your resume and professional summary to: