Sr. Technical Project Manager
Are you a seasoned Project Manager with expertise leading projects for web-driven applications, enterprise SharePoint, CMS/ECM or online publishing systems? Are you interested in working with a product development and professional services firm that’s helping the world’s leading companies to Create, Build, and Experience powerful and intuitive collaboration tools?
Blue Rooster is forecasted to double in size in 2013 and we’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team who understands complex online software applications and who can deftly manage the most demanding customers. In this role, you have the opportunity to lead large client-facing development projects interacting with some of the most known brands in the world.
You will be responsible for driving client feature implementations on Sitecore and/or SharePoint 2010 while closely interacting with seasoned UX/UI Designers, Developers, Content Editors and client team members to deliver scalable, agile and highly customizable components. You’ll be directly responsible for helping to define user interfaces, workflows and defining functional specifications.
- Define and maintain strong working interdisciplinary internal and external client relationships
- Work directly with stakeholders, business partners, partner engineering teams and product groups to collect, validate, reconcile functional business and application requirements, work with development to define and validate technical options, drive recommendations and define functional specifications
- An ability to make decisions and execute both personally and by leveraging the competencies of managers, peers and/or partners
- A track record of leading teams from “blank paper” to successful feature/product implementation
- Minimum of 6–9 years enterprise project management experience with a several years of consultancy experience highly desired
- Key to success is being a master of the details and having crystal clear communication abilities – things move quickly here
- Expertise accurately scoping, managing and delivering large, service-oriented web applications, CMS/ECM or online publishing system features on time and on budget
- Prepare and maintain project documentation: project plan, status reports, risk assessment plans, change requests and resource requests
- Manage a detailed project schedule and project budget over multiple delivery periods
- Strong Leadership skills; supervisory management experience a plus
- Broad experience with a variety of SDLC’s, including Agile and Scrum, a plus
- Sound business-related skills including judgment and decision making skills
- Experience using MS Project, Visio and PowerPoint are a must
- Build and manage appropriate project staff; drive project profitability
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve difficult problems
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Desired SharePoint Experience:
- Should have delivered multiple enterprise SharePoint projects, particularly managing multi-phased projects from concept through development and testing
- More than a SharePoint power-user, bringing an understanding of how SharePoint works and is manipulated to achieve various needs
- Knowledge of the differences between SharePoint products with OOB capabilities and its requirements for customization
- Experience using SP Designer to develop custom web-parts and custom workflows; knowledge of SharePoint governance and administration is a plus
- Familiarity with complementary technologies such as SQL Server, Windows Server, IIS…
- Experience with standard software engineering and collaboration tools, including Team Foundation Server (TFS) and TDS (Sitecore plugin for SP) desired
About Blue Rooster
Blue Rooster is building the globally connected enterprise. We're a product development and professional services firm that works with the world's leading companies, helping them to Create, Build, and Experience powerful and intuitive collaboration tools. We are driven by the belief that designing and creating an engaging user experience increases adoption and drives collaboration. Come see what we're building next at www.bluerooster.com
Culture / Location - Lake Union
Blue Rooster is a team that loves to accomplish great things together! We're good at hiring talented people who love to create solutions that are more than just pretty websites. Collaboration and imagination are at the heart of all we do. Blue Rooster is headquartered on Lake Union, one block from the Burke-Gillman trail in the center of the universe: AKA Seattle's Fremont District. Fast Company highlighted our neighborhood when citing Seattle as one of the twelve best cities for innovation.
Our dynamic team is made up of interesting people – artists, musicians, and sports enthusiasts who can be seen cycling and running on the trails during lunch or taking one of the company kayaks or paddle boards for a spin on the water.
- Our diverse team members- they make us great.
- Innovation, actualizing potential, exploration and can-do-ness.
- Passion, energy, zeal - we have lots of it.
- Consultative, client-focused and interactive approaches.
- Learning, listening and communicating openly with respect.
- Humor, lightness, flexibility, Humor and Humor.
We offer excellent benefits, such as 100% paid-for health insurance premiums for employees and much more. If this sounds like a place you'd like to learn more about, tell us about yourself.
To apply for this job, please send your resume and professional summary to: